March 24, 2011

Thursday's Tutorial from Jennifer !!

Today's tutorial is from Jennifer and shows you how to use supplies you already have to make your own embellishments!
Today I'm going to show you how to make a simple felt embellishment that I've decided to use as a book mark! I often remark that I have so much felt and never remember to use it and this
week decided to make some embellishments that would be perfect for cards or layouts.

I chose a small flower die and cut out the large flower shape as well as the smaller shape in a different color.You can use the embellishments a couple of ways - by themselves and attached using glue or glue dots, or glued around a fastener. I chose to glue these around a paper clip!Let these dry for a good while using a strong glue so the paperclip adheres to the felt.I finished the embellishment with a vintage button center.
The finished flowers can be clipped onto layouts or cards or to be used as a bookmark as I did here!
Supplies: Felt (PTI), Cuttlebug, Blossom Dies (Spellbinders), Paperclip, Vintage Button (my stash)


Ret
urn tomorrow for Jan's Executive Reveal !

2 comments:

Jean said...

Cute bookmark and I love that book also! Can't wait for the movie to come out.

Kim Duran said...

My daughter is always trying to talk me into buying new bookmarks. I am going to show her this tutorial so she can save her mama some money at the bookstore! Lol