April 28, 2011

Thursday's Tutorial from Kim !!

Hi everyone! Kim here today to share with you how I created a little mini notebook using just a few scraps of paper. Trust me - it's easier than you'd think!


Step 1. Cut out two pieces of scrap paper 6 1/2" x 3" - one solid cardstock and the other patterned paper. Score both pieces at 3 1/8" and again at 3 3/8" - this will create the seam backing for your notebook.


Step 2. Add glue or some type of adhesive to the solid piece of cardstock. Place a piece of ribbon across the top, then adhere the patterned paper directly on top to cover to the solid paper.


Step 3. Gather 3 sheets of paper. I used grid paper because of its unique pattern. Stack them all together and run through your paper trimmer to measure 3" x 2 3/4". Cut a strip of solid paper that measures 2 3/4" x 3/4" and fold in half. Add glue to the strip of solid paper and adhere to the side of the grid paper. This will keep all your papers together - especially if you use a generous amount of glue.

I used a small clip to hold all the papers together while the glue dried. I only waited about 3-5 minutes.


Step 4. Once the glue is dry, add another layer of glue to the outside of the strip of solid paper. Place it into the notebook cover and squeeze the binding together.


Step 5. I used my bone tool to add a small seam down the spine of the notebook. This allows the notebook to open up nicely. Plenty of space to write a sweet little note inside!


Now it's time to decorate! I added a simple piece of chipboard and used small sticker letters to write "Notes" on the front cover. Just tie your ribbon and you've created a nice little notebook ready to give to someone or keep for yourself!



Thank you Kim !

Tomorrow's Executive Reveal is with Beth - and don't forgot to link up your submissions to be eligible for April's prize !

7 comments:

Unknown said...

What a great tutorial Kim..thanks for the inspiration and how-to!!

Karen McAlpine said...

Very nice tutorial and very east to follow. I think I will try to make one or two. TFS

Maureen Reiss said...

This mini is awesome!! TFS

Coley said...

What kind of scoring board did you use? I'm trying to find a reasonably priced scoring board to buy. This is such a great idea!

Kim Duran said...

Hi Coley! My scoreboard is from Martha Stewart Crafts. I purchased it at Michael's. There is another type out there called Scorepal.I haven't used one but I have heard great things about it.

~ Jo ~ said...

This is a great tutorial! I love the step by step instructions. It truly helps a lot!! Thank you!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a great tutorial, Kim! I love how quick this is but what a great impact it has!