June 18, 2010

Meet the Papercraft Star Judges!

In just four days the brainchild of Kristina and Beth, Papercraft Star will kick off its' first official challenge.  Papercraft Star is a unique challenge blog, the only of its' kind (as far as we know) that lets the public vote for their favorites!  Following in the footsteps of trendy programs like American Idol the public finally can vote for their favorite papercrafters as well!

The blog is set up to give you a head start in preparing your challenge entries by providing you with challenges up to two (or more) months in advance of the actual challenge.  As far as we know you won't find that option anywhere else either!  We know how busy papercrafters can be and we want all of you to have the best possible opportunity to play along with us every week by giving all of you a head start on knowing exactly what the up-coming challenges are at Papercraft Star!

In keeping with programs like American Idol, the Judges here at Papercraft Star have a very special job too! Every three weeks, we'll judge the previous People Choice's Award  winners and select one Papercraft Star Winner that will win a Papercraft Star Winner button for their blog as well as be posted again on the blog for the whole world to see our Papercraft Stars!

And here are the judges...

Kristina, Judge and Co-Creator of the Papercraft Star Challenge Blog



Hi there! Kristina here and I can't begin to tell you how excited I am to be a part of this exciting new challenge blog! It seems like a lifetime ago (well, maybe not a lifetime, but you know what I mean) that Beth and I started talking about starting this new adventure and it's finally ready to "Go Live".  I have to tell you that I don't think one person could have ever pulled something like this off by themselves and if it weren't for Beth, it wouldn't be happening. Beth is an AMAZING lady to work with. She is smart, funny, witty, a great writer, super editor, and very creative. HHHmmm...wonder what she needs me for? 


A little about me....
I started to scrapbook back in the 90's when everything was pretty much decorative scissors and Mrs. Grossman's stickers. I loved it, but life happened and I gave it up only about a year or so into it. Then last fall I had a lot more time on my hands and decided to see what had changed in the paper crafting world. My oh My did it ever change!! I started blog surfing and found some AMAZING talent and I was hit by the bug to get my stuff out and dust it off. As you can imagine, most of my stuff no longer even applied. I threw most of it away and a shoppin' I went. Here I am 9 months later and I am lovin every minute of it. One thing though, I haven't been scrapbooking much. I've been making cards and mini albums and altering stuff.  It has been so much fun playing with all of my new toys and sharing my creations with wonderful people like you. I am amazed by all of the inspiration, support, and encouragement I have received from my "blog and YouTube family". 
You can find me at my blog HERE or on the Papercraft Star message board, stop by and say HI!


So, tell me.....are you ready to be a Papercraft Star?



Beth, Judge and Co-Creator of Papercraft Star Challenge Blog

While the photograph that I am sharing today is not actually me (obviously), the boys you see pictured here in their silly swim goggles are a part of me (I am their Nanie (Na-Knee, aka Grandma). And just as they are a part of me, so is the creation of Papercraft Star.  Together with my BBF (Best Blog Friend) Kristina, we created a blog that we believe will appeal to all skill levels and it also offers a new twist over other challenge blogs by letting the public choose the winners of the weekly challenges!  This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a challenge blog in a unique way!  Even if you don't decide to enter a particular challenge, you always have an opportunity to vote... and we believe that this concept will be popular as word gets around about the new Papercraft Star.  Of course, word isn't going to get around unless everyone gets involved in promoting this fun new twist on weekly challenges by posting about Papercraft Star at your own blogs!  (hint - hint)

It is my hope that everyone will find the challenges to be fresh, exciting and fun and that between participating and voting there will be something to attract everyone no matter what skill level they are!  And that my friends, is all I have to say about that... for now anyhow! :-) 

To learn more about me, feel free to stop over at my personal blog, Beth Runs with Scraps or better yet, you can get to know me ('cause I'd love to get to know you) by joining us on our Message Board here at Papercraft Star (the link is at the top of the left sidebar)! 

I'm looking forward to seeing all your creations during our first official challenge that kicks off on Wednesday June 23, 2010. Oh heck...I'll just say it... I hope you join us for ALL the challenges! Have fun crafting!

Now that you've met the Judges, come back tomorrow to read about the Papercraft Star Challenge Blog Mission and don't forget to give the men in your life some love on Father's Day tomorrow!

No comments: