January 6, 2011

Thursday's Tutorial from Kim

Welcome to Papercraft Star's Thursday Tutorial.  If you want to enter our current challenge, please click here. 

I (Beth) would like to extend a special thank you to our talented Design Team member Kim for putting together this sweet flower tutorial for you on short notice...yep, I was late getting out the tutuorial schedule for 2011 and Kim covered for me...yeah Kim!... in fact, I want to extend a special thank you to ALL of our Designers, Jan, Tracy, Regan, Liz, Angi, Kim, Jennifer and C... not to mention my sweet Kristina and co-founder of PCS, who all so willingly take on last minute projects, and just generally help to make my part of running PCS easier and Papercraft Star look so darn good (oh, and who all put up with me too)! :-) Thank you so much, I am so honored to be a part of such a great organization and team! 

Okay... now enough babble, here's that fabulous tutorial from Kim... visit Kim's blog, Paper Loves Glue to see more of her fantastic work!

Supplies:
  • Your favorite paper (double-sided is best)
  • Glue
  • Scalloped circle punch
Step 1. Punch out nine circles using a scalloped shaped circle punch. 



Step 2. Set aside one of the scalloped circles. Fold each of the remaining eight circles in half, three times each. Each piece will look like a small triangle wedge. 


Step 3. Apply a generous amount of glue to the scalloped circle that you had set aside in step 2.


Step 4. Adhere each folded piece to the glue, starting in the center and working your way around the edge. It should come together and look similar to a sliced piece of pie. Let it dry.


Step 5. Once the glue has dried, you can add buttons, brads, small flowers, or any other embellishments you want. Just have fun and get creative!



Thank you for stopping by Papercraft Star today for our Thursday Tutorial from Kim.  Don't forget to check in tomorrow for our Friday Executive Team reveal from Kristina!

15 comments:

Tanya Dudkina said...

So easy and so beautiful
Very useful tutorial!!

Kristina said...

Great flowers Kim!!

goatesgirl said...

I have seen tons of flower tutorials out there but have been looking for one that did not require a whole lot of time or supplies...this is by far the easiest I have seen

Regan said...

These are wondeful Kim! I can't wait to try one!
Regan

Kim Duran said...

Beth, thank you for you sweet comment about my tutorial. And to everyone, yes, these are so simple to make and make a great addition to almost any project!

I have used them on cards, layouts and even little gift boxes. It would be fun to see some of you use them to creat a project and post them here on Papercraft Star!

Unknown said...

Wow love the ease of making these. Your tutorial was awesome.
TFS.
Debbie
http://craftywizard.blogspot.com/

Christina Hicks said...

Well dang those are gorgeous, makes me wish I had a scallop punch!

4kids4 said...

Wow!! I think I can do this!! :-) Thanks for the tutorial...love these!

~Sharon C.

JennyKozar said...

WOW - I am going to have to try this! Thanks.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

Awesome tutorial!! Thanks Kim!!

Monica said...

wow! this is awesome. love the tutorial.

Maggie's Crafts said...

Wow! It's fab! Love it. :)

Maggie
x

Denise G said...

I just wanted to say I love these flowers. I made them and posted them on my blog and left a link back to your blog.

Thanks for the tutorial.

http://cricutmyway.blogspot.com/2011/01/pretty-3-d-flowers.html

Kim Duran said...

Denise, I just left you a comment on your blog. The flowers you created using this tutorial are amazing! You did such a great job! I'm glad you found the tutorial easy to use. It made my day to find them on your blog. Thanks for sharing!

marlene said...

What a lovely flower and idea
thank you so much
marlene