September 28, 2010

Challenge 15 - Opens !

Happy Wednesday, and welcome to Papercraft Star's 15th challenge !!

This week our challenge is based on one of the seven natural wonders of the world.

Grand Canyon
The Great Barrier Reef
The Harbor at Rio de Janeiro
Mt. Everest
Northern Lights
Paricutin Volcano
Victoria Falls

Choose one, and base your card or layout on your interpretation of this incredible wonder of our earth. This is one unusual challenge, and should generate some very interesting ideas !!

Our People's Choice Award Winner sponsor for this week is Viola's Boutique. Viola's is a unique Etsy shop that offers gorgeous hand crocheted appliques and accessories - perfect for all of your papercrafting projects and more! Viola's Boutique is sending our winner crocheted heart appliques for their next craft projects. Please support our sponsor by visiting Viola's Boutique today.

We are so pleased to announce our guest designer for this week - Catherine Pooler. !! You may have seen Catherine's beautiful creations here in past weeks as a participant, and as a sponsor. Today she shares with us a Northern Lights card, and some information about herself.


Catherine Pooler

I am so excited to be the guest designer this week for Papercraft Star! I found this challenge site during one of their first weeks and have participated in most challenges along the way. I love the varied challenges to get me inspired and the advance notice of challenges!

This week was fun for me, because my children just went on a trip to Niagara Falls…but none of my papercrafting goodies called to me for that particular wonder. For the Northern Lights, I immediately thought of the baby wipe technique! Fun techniques like this are like being in grade school again.

I have been a Stampin’ Up Demonstrator for 7 years and I feel so blessed to be able to papercraft for my job! How fun is that? I would love for you to visit my blog and become a newsletter subscriber!




 
Here is Wednesday's Papercraft Star design team challenge projects !

Jan
The Northern Lights are one wonder that Jan has actually seen. She chose a winter scene to create a glittery Christmas card with nontraditional colors.
Regan
Regan found inspiration from and based her layout on the Grand Canyon. The pattern and colors from her photos of the Grand Canyon gave her inspiration to create the fun torn landscape at the bottom of her page. For more photos and a supply list, please visit her blog.


Liz
Liz used the colours of the Grand Canyon as her inspiration for this week's challenge. She created a simple layout of Uluru using Basic Grey paper.


Link up your submissions now. The challenge is open until Saturday noon (Eastern Time), and voting begins immediately thereafter.

We are really looking forward to seeing what you have created to fit this challenge ! Tomorrow's team of Caroline, Christy and Catherine will have some more ideas for you, be sure to come back for their projects !!!

3 comments:

Jaggs said...

Thank you so much for this challenge...it has been a long time since I thought of that night...thanks for the memory!

Hugs,
Jaggs

Betty J Schaub said...

Well, I think I am going to have to sit this one out. I have never been to any of these places and have nothing to draw inspiration from. I've tried for the past hour to try to put something together but my mojo just ain't happenin' with this one. Next time for sure!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the fact that we can vote for our favourites projects, it's a great idea. I hope the one i voted for wins!
I will certainly do the next challenge coming this week.
Hugs xx
Pat